Sunday, February 27, 2011

Learning Something New


There is always time to learn something new. During the fall last year I learned how to smock.
First you must pleat the fabric then stitch your design on it and finally finish it into something.
I had joined an ornament swap with Vetty Creations in Australia. I needed an ornament for the exchange. So I took a completed piece of smocking and made it into a snowman.
There's my ornament.
Isn't he cute with the top hat, nose made out of memory thread and hand crocheted scarf?
Yvette Stanton, the ornament recipient thought so.
Yvette is a designer in Australia and author of some great reference books. The Left Handed and Right Handed Embroiderer's Companion - a step by step stitch dictionary are great.
For additional information on the dictionaries and other publications visit her website http://www.vettycreations.com.au/

1 comment:

  1. I most certainly did love it, Veronica! Thanks so much. :-)

    ReplyDelete